Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Let's Think of Other Things that Start with C


Oh, who cares about other things?

C is for cookie, that's good enough for me.....  



It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year!
 Time for JZ's Annual Bloggers Cookie Post

As you will notice below I didn't follow directions again this year.  As you can see here (sausage balls), here (spicy nuts), and here (finally Greek cookies) I've been doing this now for four years and only once (25% of the time) did I follow directions and contribute a holiday cookie recipe.  I guess you can see now why I perpetually stay on the naughty list (of Shannon and probably of Santa as well)!

Santa before diet
But to get on Santa's nice list I thought I might give you a good recommendation of what to give him as a treat this year.  Of course you could just stay up late and give him a quickie which would give him some exercise, a great de-stresser, and let him stretch out (it must get real cramped between the chimneys and the sleigh) and give his balls a chance to breath.  But even above that how about giving Santa the gift of something sweet but just a little healthy.  See I believe Santa needs a little fiber and good health in his diet.  It will not only help him live longer and better but happier and will likely even help his sex drive!  You know St. Nic is not who he used to be and men past the age of 1,600 often experience rapid loss in sex drive.



So with all that healthiness in mind here is a great holiday NOT cookie recipe!


Holiday Granola Bars

Ingredients:
1 Cup         Instant Oats
1/2 tsp        Vanilla Extract
3 Tbs          Unsweetened Applesauce or pumpkin puree (might need a Tbs of water if pumpkin)
3 Tbs          Agave Nectar
2 Tbs          Chocolate Chips (vegan or carobs if you chant to cookies or the moon, dark chips if you are into superfoods)
1 Tbs          Turbinado Sugar
1/4 Cup      Dried Cranberries or raisins (no raisins though if you are inviting me over, I hate raisins) and add nuts if you are a nut aficionado, almonds are great for sex drive!
1 tsp ea       Cinnamon, Nutmeg, and/or Pumpkin Pie Spice
1 Pinch       Orange Zest

*     Stir all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.  Keep stirring until entire mixture is moist.
*     Once combined, let the batter rest while oven preheats to 325 degrees.
*     Grease a bread pan and pack the mixture down firmly and tightly.
*     Sprinkle Orange Zest on top and a pinch of Turbinado Sugar
*     Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and firm.
*     Let cool in the pan for at least 10 minutes before cutting.

Santa after high fiber diet!
He's regular too!
Listen to this and then head over to see what these other wonderful bloggers have baking!


Cookie Blogs:

11 comments:

Same sassy girl said...

Oooh! These bars sound much healthier than the bars I go to! And yummy! Great exchanging recipes with you! Have a wonderful holiday! Mwah!

Jz said...

Ryan, my friend, you may continue to buck the tide as much as you want, as long as you keep coming up with such yummy recipes! :-)

Thanks for playing along!
(and for making me snort with the title... ;-p)

Terpsichore said...

I will look forward to trying these...thanks! :-)

ronnie said...

I love granola bars. Never heard of Agave Nectar would any syrup do?

Thanks for sharing.

Love,
Ronnie
xx

Tom Allen said...

This seems to be the year for non-cookie recipes.

I like these granola bars, I might try them out. Nice find, Ryan.

mostly mouse said...

Awesome recipe!

Cat said...

Ooh these do look good! Thanks so much for sharing.

Blessings...
Cat

Katie said...

These look so good!! :) Thank you for sharing and I loved the cookie monster video. Knew that you were thinking of that from the second line! Love cookie monster! LOL! Many hugs,

<3 Katie

Hedone said...

Your post was funny. I expected you to not post cookie recipe.

-H

Christina said...

I have to admit I never gave Santa's sex life much thought but good to see you're looking after him and his dietary needs! LOL

Sofia Hisservant said...

Yummy!!