And, as I am want to do, I am including a recipe to celebrate the day that would be easy to do with kids! And in this case an Americanized or Tex/Mex way of doing Mexican.
Easy Taco Pizza
1 9 inch flower tortilla
1.25 cups Cheddar/Jack Cheese
0.25 cups/ea Black Olives, Mixed Peppers, Onions, Black Beans, Rice, etc
0.5 cups of Seasoned Ground Beef, Chicken, or Pork
0.5 cups of Refried Beans
* Brown off approximately 0.5# of ground beef (to yield 0.5 cups cooked weight) and season with your favorite taco seasoning of Mexican/Fajita blend spices.
* Place flower tortilla on cooking sheet
* Spread Refried beans over tortilla with spatula, leaving 1 inch crust around circumference
* Spread Salsa over beans with spatula and again leave 1 inch crust
* Sprinkle cheese evenly across pizza
* Sprinkle ground beef evenly across pizza
* Sprinkle other ingredients evenly across pizza
* Note: do not use too many toppings as it will affect the browning of tortilla crust and melting of cheese
Bake at 400 for 15 to 20 minutes (until preferred)
Sprinkle lettuce, tomato, fresh cilantro after out of oven if desired. Serve with side of sour cream or guacamole. And pair with a cool gazpacho and Margarita or in my case a Dos Equis since I am after all the most interesting man in the world!
Does this qualify as an HNT?
Back to some sex next week!