Wouldn't it be nice if someone did that to you but passing it forward was actually fun!
Well a new blog-friend of mine (Gertie) did that too me just the other day. Apparently she nominated me for a Liebster award.
Let me tell you a little about it..... Or better yet, let me cut and paste what Gertie said and then I don't have to think of what to say (see below, I did use " " so it ain't stealing)! Hey Gertie you did say you liked seeing into the mind of a male so here is another look into the male mind "why do something for yourself when you can just let a woman do it for you!" :)
"Liebster Blog Award. According to our dear friend Lainey over at Lainey's Life Lessons it is really an award bloggers give to one another to increase readership. To be eligible one must have less than 200 public followers, I definitely qualify. In the beginning I wanted to keep my readers down because of anonymity but to hell with it, I am Gertie!!, beware of my hammer! I am obligated after receiving this award to give it to 5 oops I mean 6 other bloggers who meet the parameters of blog I follow with intriguing posts & less than 200 followers. (I chose 6 because Lainey only chose 2 and I am sure she won't mind me swiping her extra pick, I had hard choices to make) I must also shamelessly plug the person who gave the award to me. Have I mentioned how awesome I think Lainey is?
Rule #1 Link back to the person who gave you this award.
Check out Lainey over at Lainey's Life Lessons to find out more about the important lessons learned she as an adventurous heroine provide, her posts include witty insight and colorful imagery as she goes along this road called life in her energy efficient vehicle. Lainey is a member of my friendamily(check out her comments on this blog for the definition) so her insight and lessons are always appreciated. My favorite post of hers can be found here, in it she reminds all of us who the most important player on our team is. I am thankful to be a benchwarmer on her friend roster.
Rule#2 Choose deserving bloggers and alert them to their award winning status.
This I think is the most fun part of the blog award because I am positive that most of these bloggers don't know how inspirational they are to Gertie, aka moi!
And the winners in no particular order are........."
But first let me give a shout out to the Lady-Blogger who shouted-out for me.
* I Throw Hammers at Boys: Yes I know guys this sounds violent. But the funny thing is you know how often we say "I just don't understand women, why can't they just say what they want." Well dude here it is! Really dude, here it is listen she's telling you exactly what they want. The good thing, it has nothing to do with Nuclear Physics or solving the debt crisis. It only involves stuff like not wearing sweat pants on dates, don't lie about when you're going out with the boys (apparently they get that), BE FUNNY (but not stupid), be available but not clingy, know how to cook and/or mix a drink.... I could go on but just read her blog - it's good!
But one question though Gertie - do you ever throw hammers at boy who cut and past what other bloggers have blogged? :(
So here are my 5 Fav's. And each of these is a main event feature! As opposed to me who is really like one of those silly cartoons before a Disney movie that gives you a little giggle as you're scarfing down popcorn and soda!
Prowling with Kat: Kat started blogging shortly after I did (although I think she has done this before as she is way more professional) and became one of my first blogging friends. To show you how perceptive I am I thought she was English because she mentioned attending charm school once in her blog. Ryan you are such a dip*hit. She has so much good advice; I always say that she is so "proper about being improper!" But Kat is a charmer and I have often called her affectionately "the mother hen" of our blogging niche.
2. Same Sassy Girl: There are so many unique blogs out there and unique ways of expressing one's message. Sassy Girl tells the story of her relationship with her Philip through their texts and e-mails. There is a quote from Star Trek where Spock says "having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting...." Well, Sassy does have some good posts about "having" as well. But my point is that the lead up, the seduction, the planning, the wanting, and the mundane little details of that daily connection are what keep me coming back to this blog! Well, I do like a girl with some sass as well! :)
3. Sometimes the World Begins: I have to admit I didn't think about nominating France at first. I really have no place in "passing along" a blog like this; France is WAY above my pay grade! This is like Dr. Suess nominating Lord Byron, Shelly, or Shakespeare. But it is what it is so here goes, France has had a blog for many years although this iteration of her blogs has been focused on her relationship with her "x", her new relationships, and a lot of fiction, fantasies, musings, and just good thoughts. And if you want to get on her good side talk about hockey and her beloved Canadians!
4. My Secret Life: Did you ever wonder what that hot lady in that office down the hall was thinking? You've mentally undressed her so many times at night and you know just what you'd do if you ever got the chance. But wait, what if she was mentally undressing you and some of the other guys in the office. Wow, that would be an interesting read. Yes, Kitty's story's about the Office are pretty interesting (and it ain't because she works at Dunder Mifflin).
5. Confessions of an Adulteress: A lot of levels here. By day Luna has a fairly regular life and she does speak about that. She has a husband, sons, a job; all pretty regular. But she lead a traveling life growing up living around the world and I think that lead her to becoming a restless soul. And it is that restlessness that is revealed in the blog as she balances a comfortable suburban life with a passionate affair of the heart. Who doesn't like that!
So take a look at these blogs. But there are so many others out there. When you are looking at these blogs or mine, see what they are reading (on their blogroll). Chances are you'll find some good stuff out there!
Thanks Again Gertie!