You know I love to use lyrics for my post titles. For four cookie posts I used lyrics to the Cookie Song from Sesame street, because I get most of my intellect from children's TV shows! I'm proud to say I got 4 years worth of lyric titles off a song with 26 words - that takes a particularly creative lack of creativity I think! :)
Here are my past Cookie Project Posts:
This year I'm combining two things I love, cake and the lovely Shenandoah Valley. Just in case you thought this was a cookie post you were right, I rarely follow directions on this project and did not again this year; thus a cake recipe. But I think it makes for a lovely holiday addition for dessert or as a breakfast side or just something to have around to munch throughout the day.
Btw, the Shenandoah Valley is very near and dear to my heart - here is my post about the lovely Shenandoah Valley from some time ago!
So again, sorry for not following directions and not posting a cookie recipe and sorry for making you have a Blue-(berry) Christmas!
Shenandoah Valley Blueberry Cake
Note: this recipe actually comes from Charlottsville, VA which strangely is not in the Shenandoah Valley, rather just on the other side of Afton Mountain (of the Blue Ridge Mountains) from the Shenandoah Valley. In fact it's really in a perpendicular valley that forms from the James River running East towards Richmond and onto the Chesapeake Bay. But who reads this for geography!?
* 1.67 Cups, all-purpose flour
* 1.5 tsp, baking powder
* 0.25 tsp, salt
* 0.33 Cups, butter softened
* 0.75 Cups, sugar
* 2 Tbs, sugar
* 1 egg
* 0.33 Cup, milk
* 1 Cup, fresh blueberries
* Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees
* Generously grease a 9" square or round baking pan; any leftover grease you can use on your partner, this recipe goes great with sex!
* Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in small bowl and stir with a fork to mix well
* Combine butter and 0.75 Cups of sugar in medium bowl and whip w/mixer on high until well mixed. Kind of like giving your partner a light hearted tap to the rear; friendly but not mean spirited!
* Add egg to sugar and butter mixture and beat well for 2 minutes; stopping occasionally to scrape bowl. Continue until mixture is smooth and light, kind of like that sweaty glean you get to your body mid-sex!
* Stir half of flour and milk into sugar/butter mixture, keeping batter smooth and well combined
* Add remaining flour and milk, mixing gently until well combined.
* Wash and strain blueberries; you want them clean (no dirt) but don't let them squirt their juice yet!
* Add blueberries into batter mixture and stir gently until combined (do not over-stir); again, no squirting
* Scrape batter into greased pan. Any leftover batter can be applied to yourself or your partner and delicately licked off!
* Bake for 30 minutes or until cake is golden on top and springs back when touched gently, kind of like the feel you get when you are behind! :)
And while you are baking listen to this great Christmas classic by Dean and Frank!
Please take a look at our other happy bakers this year!
5:42 AM (4 hours ago)