I have said before I am a total sports geek. I am at my most geekish when I am watching ESPN Classic. It has become somewhat of a joke at the Beaumont home when I am asked by Shannon "is that a current game or some old game."
Actually ESPN Classic is a very good way to live life. My favorite team played in the BCS Championship a few years ago. They got behind early but came back and got ahead early in the 4th quarter. At that point they got tired and ended up losing. I was at the game and left dejected. But when the game is on ESPN classic I just turn the TV off after they score that go ahead TD! Maybe a good philosophy in life, when things are at the best just stop and move onto something else.
So as usual what does this have to do with anything. Well, one of my favorite shows on ESPN Classic is the Top 5 Reasons. The show tracks the 5 reasons why some controversal thing happened. For example "The Top 5 Reasons Ryan Never Played Basketball at Duke." Those might include #5 he's only 6' tall, #4 he's slow, #3 800 SAT don't get you into Duke, #2 Ryan looks better in fall colors, #1 Duke is Puke!
Additionally on that show they have a "best of the rest" or reasons that didn't make the cut. So a few months ago as I was collecting lyrics to put into my blog I also started collecting some of my favorite lyrics that probably wouldn't fit into a sex blog.
So here is "Ryan's Best of the Rest." Great lyrics that are great but may not fit into this blog.
- turns out he was a missing person that nobody missed at all…
- Every man knew as the Captain did too T'was the witch of November come stealing.
- Anyone know where the love of God goes when the waves turn the minutes to hours
- Well, don't trust your soul to no backwoods southern lawyer
- You see, little sister don't miss when she aims her gun
- Been fuelin' up on cocaine and whiskey. Wish I had a good girl to miss me.
- And I dare not drown my sorrow in the warm glow of your wine
- Some folks trust to reason others trust to might, I don't trust to nothin', but I know it comes out right.
- It's just a box of rain I don't know who put it there. Believe it if you need it or leave it if you dare
- The hair is from a little boy and the cross is from someone she has not met
- She's the girl all the bad guys want….(Actually my hope is that I would be able to use this one some day! - any takers?)
- But ya know I feel so sad, Down inside my heart that the dollar sign Should be keepin us apart
- We can reach our destination but we're still a ways away
- To plant those 'taters and pull up another tomorrow
- But her final prayer was answered when the rifles fired again
- Leavin' on a southern train only yesterday you lied; promises of what I seemed to be only watched the time go
- Blackbird singing in the dead of night. Take these sunkin' eyes and learn to see
- Monday morning you sure look fine, Friday I've got travlin' on my mind
- I fell for you like a child, ohhh.... but the fire went wild
- She see's my good deeds and she kisses me windy
- While out across those hills that old moon is settled in and those Carolina stars are shining bright
- He was just eighteen, proud and brave, but a Yankee laid him in his grave
- Sleeping under a table at a road side park A man could wake up dead
- Whiskey river don't run dry; you're all I got take care of me
If you want to play a fun game where no prize will be given take a stab at naming the songs above and who sang them!