Friday, October 30, 2015

Knowing Me, Knowing You; It's the Best I Can Do

I'm kind of bored, very busy, and just plain out of stuff to write about.  So here are some random Ryan facts:

Favorite Restaurant of All Time:    Dreamland
Favorite Foods:    Ribs from Dreamland, fried chicken or Catfish, red dye #2 hot dog from Maine, Clam Chowder (ask me about the famous Ryan soup diet)
What I'd Request for My Last Meal if I'm Ever Executed by ISIS or the Tea Party:    Dreamland Ribs and a side of biscuits
Favorite Fancy Restaurant:  Mary Mahoney's (Biloxi, MS), the Dickens Inn (Philly, damn it's closed)
Other Place I Really Like:   the Dobbin House Inn, May's Restaurant (Frederick), any Catfish joint adjacent to the Delta of Mississippi, nasty lobster joint on a peer in Maine, Puerto Sagua

Favorite Drinks:   Sweet Tea, Beer, Pepsi, Coffee
Favorite Sweet Tea:   Dunkin Donuts, Chick-fil-A
Favorite Beer:  Blue Moon, Yuengling, Dos Equis
Favorite Coffee:  Sheetz, Green Mountain
Favorite Coffee Blend:  Jamaican Blue Mountain, Costa Rican Peaberry
Favorite Desserts:  Lemon Icebox Pie, Bread Pudding w/bourbon glaze, Pecan Pie, Blondies (as in the cookie/brownie although I do like Blondes as well!)

Favorite Quick Service Restaurant:     Chick-fil-A, then probably Chipolte

Favorite Sports Teams:  Washington Redskins, Washington Nationals, Denny Hamlin (NASCAR), anything Big State University
Favorite Sport to Play:  Basketball, Raquetball, Chasing women on AM, swimming
My Best Sport:    Swimming, getting turned down by women on AM
Favorite Sport to Watch:  College Football
Teams I Hate the Most:  Dallas Cowboys, Los Angeles Dodgers, New York (anything), Kurt Busch, the Big 10, the Duke Blue Devils (yes I still hate Christian Laettner),

Favorite Game of Thrones Character:  Tyrion
Game of Thrones Hottie I Want the Most:  Ygritte (screw you R.R. Martin for killing her off)
All Time Favorite HBO Series:   East Bound and Down
Favorite Don Draper Quote:    "it will shock you how much it never happened..."

Favorite Burger Place (chain):     5 Guys, In 'N Out when I'm on the left coast.
Favorite Burger Place (indy):  Beef Burger, Greensboro, NC (of Bull Durham fame)

Dunkin Donuts or Krispy Kreme:     Krisky Kreme (when they're hot!) but Dunkin for coffee

My Favorite Town I Don't Live in:     Miami, maybe New Orleans
Place I Haven't Been to but Want to:      A Greek Island in the Med
Place I've Been to Far Away where I Think I Could Live:   Northern Arizona, Dahlonega, GA, just outside of Nashville, TN
Biggest Guilty Pleasure:  I love country music from the late 60's (e.g. Glen Campbell)

Political Philosophy:  the world would have been a better place if Bill Clinton got Monica to swallow!  Really, think about it; if she swallows Al Gore wins the 2000 election and there is no Iraq War, no Great Recession, etc!  Yes, I'm a Blue-Dog Southern Democrat (big time)!

Favorite Books:  Catcher in the Rye, Jonathan Livingston Seagull, the Incredible Journey of Edward Tulane, to Kill a Mockingbird (Atticus Finch was my all time favorite liberal Southern Democrat until I found out he was secretly a racist - oh the lament)

Favorite Sandwich Place:     Macado's (get the Titanic), Littlejohn's Deli

Favorite Pizza Ever:      Margarita Pizza at Azzuro in Napa.

Myers-Brigs Personality Type:  ESTJ

My Type (of women):  Gotta be outgoing and jovial
or nobody will start the conversation (once you get me started I'm fun but I need someone to initiate), gotta be energetic and enjoy being active - I walk REALLY fast (I'm told), not a big "tit" guy but I love long lean sexy slightly athletic legs, good hip to waist ratio but not overly into the Marilyn Monroe hourglass look, I like tall and willowy with long straight shoulders, I love confidence, stylish (but not married to it), well spoken and intellectual but not ostentatious.  Basically Shannon without the ostentatiousness, which is basically Sandee (except more diminutive).  I do a great job of being the straight man if she wishes to be in the spotlight, I do well with silly and a little intellectually and artistically scattered (a la Jennifer Aniston in Along Came Polly).

Perfect Date:     A drive along Skyline Drive, a brisk hike to a mountain overlook, some wine tasting, a great dinner, and then on to an intimate quaint country B&B for (you know).  Or a big game at Big State U!

Favorite Color:     Royal Blue, Maroon, Forest Green

Seasonal Fashion:   I'm a fall

Favorite Song (other than Stairway to Heaven or Freebird):   Interstate Love Song by the Stone Temple Pilots

Best Concert I've Attended:  Foo Fighters and Red Hot Chili Peppers

Some Famous People I've Met:  Andy Griffith, Mrs. Cunningham (you know Richie's mom), Chuck Yeager, Pink, James Taylor, Richard Dreyfuss, Gilligan and Hillary!  Saw Hootie and the Blowfish many times before they were famous.

OK, there may be a few more things about me other than food, sports, and women but I doubt it.





No comments: