I know that song is not about eating, it's about two people who don't get along very well renting a movie called "Breakfast at Tiffany's" in order to try to rekindle an old flame. Which is kind of allegorical since the movie is about a young New York socialite (Holly Golightly played by Audrey Hepburn) who can't figure out what she wants in life (or which man). The movie btw featured that dreamy song "Moon River" performed by Hepburn.
Anyway it was the quickest food sounding song I could think of. So TMI tempted me today, here goes.
1. Before dinner wine, aperitif, or cocktail? I actually prefer something active before (e.g. golf, swimming/beach, workout, yard work); it makes me feel more entitled to a big dinner.
3. Soup? I love soup! NE Clam Chowder is my favorite but more often choose something like Pasta Fagioli or Minestrone for health
4. Salad? Caesar or Greek, I don't like those fruity/citrusy salads
5. Wine or other beverage with dinner? I like to pretend I know a lot about wine so I'll occasionally go with a Pinot/Merlot or Sweet White like Riesling. I prefer beer including Rolling Rock and Dos Equis. I also like to try the micro-brews if available
6. Entree? It's hard to pass up a good Filet Mignon but I try to stick to seafood. I also like seafood with pasta and/or rice such as a Paella.
7. Side Dishes? I'm pretty open, I eat my veggies particularly if they were sauteed in olive oil and minced garlic. I tend to like dishes that have it all together. I love anything Creole (e.g. Seafood Etouffe).
8. Dessert? Love that Italian stuff like Tiramisu and Panna Cotta. Don't mind the occasional Creme Brule or Flan either and of course ice cream is always good.
9. After dinner drink? Coffee I guess. A White Russian may sound more dignified.
10. Which 3 people would you invite to dinner: (must be famous, well-known, living or dead, not fictional)
- For sex appeal: Jennifer Connelly, my all time celeb crush, she seems real smart too!
- For great conversation: Will Ferrell, god I love that guy! He and I seem like two peas in a pod. I also just read Chris Matthew's book on JFK, it would be great to be able to talk to him. Of course me and Bill "Bubba" Clinton could knock down about a dozen racks of ribs and talk about the woman, I'm mean good times we've had!
- Because you detest them: Hmmm, maybe Rush Limbaugh just so I can ask why? I also enjoy baiting my conservative friends. I'm actually pretty moderate but can play a pretty good liberal just to piss off a tea party activist! :)
Bonus: Your lover brings you breakfast in bed. What’s on the tray?
Honestly I'm not really used to being served and it kind of makes me uncomfortable. I would rather do something together. I guess my favorite breakfast is a lot of stuff altogether like pancakes with a lot of berry toppings or oatmeal with brown sugar, maple syrup, bananas, nuts, etc.